Saturday, April 25, 2009

Christmas 2008




We usually wake early, as our kids are early risers. We open our stockings and then eat a holiday breakfast. I like to decorate the table the night before and have it all ready so there is little to do Christmas morning. We had sausage, monkey bread, orange juice, hot cocoa, milk, a fruit tray and more. After we eat, we open gifts. Our family tradition is that the kids get 1 (ONE) gift from Santa and the rest come from Mom and Dad. The gift from Santa is usually big or more expensive. This year they each got their own Nintendo DS hand held game.
We just had to capture Max's double shiners one more time. This is a few weeks after his injury.
The kids are sporting their new tool sets they got for Christmas.
Years later I may wonder or my kids may wonder why I got them the same pajamas, the same gifts, everything the same. The answer is that as long as they each have their own, they do not fight over it. One of my goals is to minimize the contention.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you are at the top of my blogging list-instead of the bottom! Your blog looks GREAT! Sorry, I had to comment on everything because I'm so excited you are blogging again-and I LOVE your family!