Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lucy Sleeps Through The Night

October 28, 2010
My dearest Lucy,

You scared me silly last night because you slept all the way through without needing a midnight snack (or two). Though I am sure you meant to give me the gift of rest, I could not sleep because I was so worried that something bad happened to you. I wondered if you were still breathing, if your diaper needed changed, if you were too warm or too cold...Many thoughts ran through my mind between 3 am and 5 am.

However, you my precious child are forgiven because whether you want to sleep through the night or wake several times, I will be here for you because you are my life's work and I LOVE YOU. Let's see what tonight will bring. Good night to you my Lucy Goosey Girl.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I LOVE LUCY! That's a picture that can make one baby hungry! Glad she lives next door! ;0)

Ashley said...

I know what you mean Debbie :) you coud just eat her up! Thanks for sharing her & the rest of your family with us xoxo