Monday, November 24, 2008

Jack Turns 5!

It's hard to believe that our child is 5 years old! When Jack was just a baby, I used to hold him in my arms and wonder what it would be like as he grew and matured. What his personality would be like, his appearance, his hopes, his dreams. So I still have a long time to go for all of that knowledge and I'm enjoying the ride! 5 blissful years.

We had an "Army Birthday" party at home complete with an obstacle-Boot-Camp-course and KP (kitchen patrol) for home-made mini pizzas. Each year we have a party, I tell myself how I am NEVER going to do that again. It is crazy! But the kids seemed to have fun. Part of the reason it was especially difficult this year is that I was sooooo ill. It was difficult to move, breath, think, and therefore do...More on this in my next blogging entry.

So back to Jack, happy, happy Birthday for many more years to come. Our sweet, first child.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I still remember the night we had your shower and you were in labor with Jack-he was born the next day, right?! I can't believe your oldest is 5. We are so lucky to have Jack as our next door neighbor, he's one of our favorites!